Subject: Re: Boot blocks croak on kernels with full debug table
To: After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door. <greywolf@defender.vas.viewlogic.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/24/1996 12:22:52
> (cgd talks about kgdb being forever broken except in CSRG 4.4BSD and says
>  "see previous mail for the reason it 'started out broken...'")
>
> [I guess I missed previous mail...].  I'm curious as to what's keeping us
> from using the 4.4 code.  Have we changed so drastically from that code
> base that it's no longer useful even as a reference point?

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is basically that the various hooks and stuff need to be
integrated, and that's not necessarily easy...  There's also the fact
that FSF GDB doesn't understand the LBL KGDB protocol...  the GDB with
Lite* is an LBL-hacked GDB, which does, but there needs to be
integration there too.

chris