Subject: config file line for Hayes ESP?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1996 16:14:00
>>>>> "Thor" == Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com> writes:

Thor> I just found a Hayes ESP card I bought quite some time ago.
Thor> It's a single port ESP, marked "V2.1".  It has only one jumper,
Thor> presumably for the ESP base address, which is set to "soft".  I
Thor> recall software-configuring the card to COM3 the last time I
Thor> played with it.

Thor> I threw it in my machine, and it was detected on com2 as a
Thor> 16550a.  I looked at com.c a bit, and tried turning on the
Thor> COM_HAYESP option; still no dice.

Thor> What do I need to put in the config file to get this card
Thor> working with the HW flow control and larger FIFO?

	While the insides of this card may be fancy, if memory serves,
it looks just like a 16550 to software.  It simply manages to never
fill the FIFO due to it's better logic.  I thought that the actual ESP
cards were 4 ports and more...

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |