Subject: Re: Future hardware concerns
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1996 10:06:02
> I didn't say you could _buy_ them! :-)  OK, there is nothing that
> prevents a well-meaning engineer from implementing them, making them,
> and selling them.  But, as far as I know, they currently don't exist.

I know - I just had to tweak you about it.  This whole EDO think is a
big pet peeve of mine - IMHO it's absurd that the leading edge
technology doesn't support basic fundamentals like ECC - when you buy
a top-end machine, you expect it to be designed to be reliable as well
as fast, IMHO, but with Intel-based machines, that expectation is
wrong.  Sigh.  On the other hand, they are a lot cheaper than
workstations that *do* have ECC, which is probably why we're all
putting up with it.   :'(

			       _MelloN_