Subject: Re: Future hardware concerns
To: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1996 12:49:56
Some notes:

Many Pentium motherboards simply will not use parity RAM.  Even if you
install it.  I believe the newer chipsets will do this again, since
the financial and other worlds like error detection.

>  What sort of problems should I expect to have with the Adaptec?  My
>Adaptec 1542 has treated me so well that I hate to leave Adaptec.
>Just to make certain, there is no way to use the 1542 in this Pentium
>machine with more than 16M?

I've had no problems at all with my AHA2940.  Also, I believe there is
a patch for the 1542 -- I don't know where, or how it is working...
But there was talk about putting this ``hack'' in before the 1.2
release.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!