Subject: Probs with logitech mouse in PS/2 slot
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1996 02:56:07
Okay, I finally got that spankin' ASUS mboard, and figured I could
save a serial line by using the PS/2 style connector... the logitech mouse
nominally supports this (it has a serial/ps-2 designation on the box and the
docs say it plugs right in to 6-pin PS/2 ports).
However, it freaks out like it's on the wrong bps setting or something.
It also crashes under MS-DOS, despite the fact that the logitech
driver finds it in the probe.  Anyone know what's up?

Also the ed0: failed to clear shared memory problem is occuring now;
had never seen it before on the old motherboard, same SMC card.

Old ISA ET-4000 vga card wouldn't work in the new machine -- had corrupted
display, would hang machine.  Got a new #9 video card, but some programs
simply don't run under 24 or 16bit color display. :(

Other than that, and NCR prob mentioned earlier, it is pretty nice :)
Took a full weekend of physicall installing/debugging/kconfiging tho