Subject: Re: Another support question...
To: After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door. <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Aron Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/1996 19:56:24
On Fri, 17 May 1996, After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door. wrote:

> Does NetBSD support a Multiprocessor Pentium board which only has one
> processor in it?  If so, which boards are supported?
>
> I'm supposing not since I didn't see it in the FAQ.
>

>From the i386 Install Notes:

Hardware the we do NOT currently support, but get many questions
about:

[much deleted]

Multiprocessor Pentium and Pentium Pro systems.  (Though they should
                run fine using one processor only.)

[end paste]

I personally have no experience with the multiprocessor boards and NetBSD
the only one I have access to runs Windows NT. (I know, I know, but it's a
job and I have to pay the rent somehow)

It's a Micronics motherboard Dual P5/133 PCI/EISA

I have to reinstall NT this weekend anyway, so maybe I'll give NetBSD a
try and let you know if i can get it running.

Which reminds me:

anyone think i would have any trouble mounting a SCSI MO drive and
installing off of that? It would make for alot less pain than floppies :)

aron roberts
aroberts@wolfenet.com