Subject: Serial changes 1.1-current
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/1996 00:04:58
	I recently had to revert back to 1.1 on my 386/40 box for
various reasons.  However, I'm finding the following curious problems
with my 16550's --- I can call with pppd just fine... and even run at
38400 with my 28800 modem.  However, uucico fails with just a few
incoming bytes.  I cannot explain why.

	One difference that I noticed was a change of size from 2*256
to 2*512 in one of the buffers.  I changed this to 2*1024 just to be
extra big, but the problem persists.

	I had many troubles with my previous upgrade to current, and
would rather avoid that.  Is there anything I can do here save buying
a 'smart' serial card?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |