Subject: Differences between Sound Blaster cards? (and NetBSD driver support)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.tujunga.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1996 04:13:09
Can anyone give me a *short* synopses of the differences between the Sound
Blaster card variants, and more importantly, which one is the best match
to the current capabilities of the NetBSD 1.1B (-current) sb driver?

I'm talking about the differences between

	Sound Blaster 16
	Sound Blaster 16 PnP
	Sound Blaster 16 SCSI
	Sound Blaster 32 PnP
	Sound Blaster AWE Value
	Sound Blaster AWE
	Sound Blaster AWE PnP

(Are there any others?)

Just a one-liner for each one would be plenty fine.  I just don't know much
about these cards; our P120 upstairs from my office has an AWE and I can
get it to emit sound from .au files, but I get this feeling it's probably
overkill from the standpoint of NetBSD driver support.

Thanks,

	- Greg