Subject: README: changes to ep driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/1996 19:29:05
Folks...

I've just committed some changes to the ep driver.  They're not terribly
extensive ... really, all I did was break up the driver into isa, eisa,
and pci font-ends, coupled to a core bus-independent back-end.  The code
is exactly the same, just more modular.  This uses the new cfattach
autoconfiguration stuff.

Of particular interest: All those folks who have Genuine EISA 3c579 or
equivalents, or those wacky 3c509s that masquerade as EISA cards, you'll
need to add the following to your kernel config file:

ep*     at eisa? slot ?                         # 3C579 ethernet cards

EVERYONE WILL HAVE TO RERUN CONFIG!

If you encounter ANY problems, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks :-)