Subject: Re: scsi card
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/1996 17:35:26
On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

// You should ALWAYS try to get a card for a 32-bit bus (PCI, EISA, VLB)
// before settling for an ISA card.  The performance will be much
// improved, and there is no problem with using any amount of memory you
// desire.

	No doubt there, but I only have an ISA bus in the machine I want
the card.

// Once again, BusLogic is the best alternative to Adaptec.  Both
// BusLogic and Adaptec make PCI, EISA, and VLB SCSI controllers.
// Anything that is compatible with these two would be OK, too, as long
// as it supports the 32-bit busses, but you should be very careful.

	I don't like the word compatible when it comes to hardware (unless
it's IBM compatible as opposed to IBM).  I'm really just needing ISA on
this machine, though (PCI is later).

--
The Unix/UUCP/Usenet and anything else that starts with a 'U' guy.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>