Subject: Config File / Kernel Building
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/15/1996 18:26:41
I'm sure this is a simple problem, so please forgive me...

I'm trying to setup swapping on my second drive.  I was told I have to change:
'config netbsd swap generic' to
'config      netbsd  root on sd0 swap on sd0 and sd1 and sd2'

When I do this, I get a linker error:
'autoconf.o: Undefined symbol `_setconf' referenced from text segment'

This happens even if I "make clean; config; make depend; make". What am I
doing wrong?

Is there a reference anywhere for the format and common settings of that
config file?  For example, what does 'options GENERIC' do, and should I be
using "DUMMY_NOPS"?

Thanks,
        Rick
Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/