Subject: Re: Linux's term driver
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/1996 22:56:12
Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu> writes:

>"Phil Knaack" <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu> writes:

>> I think this is kind of a handy thing to have around.. perhaps some little
>> 10-line program could be included for pccons users (like scon for pcvt)
>> which echos out the proper sequences to reset to a standard color scheme?

>Or someone could add the proper sequences to the norma `reset' string.

	Heh, true enough. :)

	However, in the case of PCVT, the owner of the machine can customize
those elements (color, cursor type, etc); in this case, the reset string
can't really include that type of information, as the next time the terminal
is reset, it nukes the existing user customization.

	Or do you mean that a reset string in this case would merely tell
PCVT to return the terminal to the state programmed by the user with scon,
etc.. ? Now that would make sense. Hmm.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group