Subject: Best SCSI card for NetBSD ?
To: None <mike.long@analog.com, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Liddelow <tim@cst.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/1996 09:48:09
I'm setting up a fairly decent server machine to support an organisation
and wish to run NetBSD on it.  I have been having a few problems with the
NCR SCSI driver/NCR53c810 in an existing machine and am wondering if
it would be better to select another card/driver combination for the new
machine.

Are Adaptec boards the best bet ?  If so, which model ?  Are the Adaptec
driver(s) more robust than the NCR driver ?

Any help appreciated.
Tim.

! Tim Liddelow (http://www.cst.com.au/~tim)                        _--_|\      !
! Software Engineer / Systems Administrator                       /      \     !
! Creative Software Technologies                                  \_.--.*/     !
! Phone:    +61 3 9587 1444          UNIX, C++/OOP, C, X11,             v      !
! email:    tim@cst.com.au           Networking, WWW, consulting               !