Subject: Re: More on SCSI timeouts during installation
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Amir Rosenblatt <amir@garpac.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/1996 09:11:13
On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >I removed the drive at SCSI ID 1 and double-checked the termination on
> >the other drive.  Got the same results.  At no time when it triedmto
> >label the disk did the disk activity light even blip.  Here's the output
> >from my attempt this morning.
>
> Can you try a FreeBSD install disk?  I want to ensure that I've already
> fixed your problem in the FreeBSD driver.  The latest snapshot can
> be found in ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/...

The FreeBSD boot disk appears to boot the machine normally until after it
checks the SCSI devices (reports back their models and geometrys).  As
soon as it checks them, it displays the following message and then just
sits there till I reboot it:

rootfs is 1000 Kbyte compiled in MFS

Is there anythiung in particular I ned to adjust from the defaults in
either my system BIOS or the 2940W's BIOS (apart from the termination
settings, obviously)?

	-Amir