Subject: More on SCSI timeouts during installation
To: None <netbsd-helpnetbsd.org@sun.mit.edu>
From: Amir Rosenblatt <amir@garpac.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/1996 09:20:40
I removed the drive at SCSI ID 1 and double-checked the termination on
the other drive.  Got the same results.  At no time when it triedmto
label the disk did the disk activity light even blip.  Here's the output
from my attempt this morning.

Labeling disk 22d0...sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out
disklabel: /dev/rsd0d: Input/output error
  done.
Initializing root filesystem, and mounting...
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out

It then just sat there. for 15 minutes at which point I shut it off.  The
disk has not been fdisked as this is a fresh machine with no dos
partition and thus no dos adaptec drivers, which prevents fdisk frim even
seeing the disk.  Does that make a difference?

	-Amir