Subject: Re: Progress on this bug ?
To: Tim Liddelow <tim@cst.com.au>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/1996 11:01:58
> Has any progress been made on this stack bug in -current ?  From
> a recently built kernel it doesn't seem so.  I still get
> a core dump when trying to run it.  It works fine under FreeBSD.

It's not a bug in NetBSD.

Your Graph structure weighs in at >512k per instance.
The default stack per process is 512k on NetBSD.
The first thing your program does is allocate a Graph on the
stack, which will immediately overflow, and hence dump core.

Try `limit stacksize 1024' or `ulimit -s 1024', in csh or bash
respectively, and then rerun your program.

--
Brian de Alwis - Fourth Year CS student at the University of Waterloo
-- bsdealwis@uwaterloo.ca, bl489@torfree.net, bdealwis@sunsite.unc.edu --