Subject: fast interrupts
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/01/1996 19:35:49
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com> writes:

Mike> I have seen fast interrupt support for the serial ports
Mike> mentioned a couple of times, but no one has said how it could be
Mike> re-enabled.  I've been experiencing interrupt-related lossage
Mike> with my serial ports for a while now, and would like to try
Mike> anything that would make serial port interrupts faster.  So,
Mike> what do I need to do to enable them?

	I'd like to second this call.  I have a machine that is
relatively slow (386/40) that I am dedicating to serial I/O.  I don't
care (literally) how hard the machine is hit by interupts, but I don't
want it to loose data.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |