Subject: Re: AHA1542B stopped working!
To: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/1996 11:04:52
Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO> writes:

> The new kernel correctly recognizes it as a "1540A/1542A/1542B" at
> 0x330 with IRQ 11 and DRQ 5 -- but then claims the firmware version to
> be 0.5, which I don't believe, thrashes around a bit with diagnostics
> that don't tell me much, and finally panics with a "should have called
> debugger now" or words to that effect.

I need to know what the messages (everything starting with `aha0 at
isa0 ...') are in order to help you.

It sounds like your card may not support some of the commands I'm now
using, but that would be odd, since I had someone test it on a 1542A.
Are you sure your card isn't an a really old `A' rather than a `B'
model?

(I no longer have any old Adaptec cards to test myself, BTW.)