Subject: RE: How to write NetBSD boot blocks to DOS disk?
To: 'port-i386' <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1996 14:49:00
1) Use either the DOS or NetBSD fdisk  to make the NetBSD partition the
primary (active) partition.
2) Turn off the IDE drive in the BIOS
3) Boot off the SCSI drive with NetBSD
4) then do your disklabel

disklabel works on the active partition of a drive.

Once you've done all of this, you can us fdisk under NetBSD and DOS to
set the other bootable.

There is a NetBSD bootloader that I found, a long time ago, that will
allow you to boot into NetBSD from DOS!  As a matter of fact, you don't
even need to have a bootblock written to the NetBSD partition, though I
highly recommend having one there in case of trouble.  I don't know who
did it, but I love it.  If you and others are interested, I can make it
available, with instructions, via FTP.

jam