Subject: AHA1542B stopped working!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1996 20:20:15
Does anyone know what's happened to the Adaptec drivers?  Upgrading
from a NetBSD/i386 1.1A kernel from 10 days ago or thereabouts to a
very current 1.1B (March 28th) causes my AHA1542B to stop working.
The new kernel correctly recognizes it as a "1540A/1542A/1542B" at
0x330 with IRQ 11 and DRQ 5 -- but then claims the firmware version to
be 0.5, which I don't believe, thrashes around a bit with diagnostics
that don't tell me much, and finally panics with a "should have called
debugger now" or words to that effect.

Anyhow, I can copy all that stuff carefully down from the screen if
Charles or someone wants me to -- but before I do that, I just wanted
to know if this even should be working right now, or whether it's in a
transition phase and I should wait a bit and try again...  The bit
about needing to call the debugger, along with the #defines at the top
of aha.c and the very recent removal of aha1542.c leads me to suspect
that I happened to catch this stuff at a bad time...

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO