Subject: Re: buslogic/adaptec conflicts
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1996 15:57:34
Hi,

[stuff about the probe conflict between buslogic and adaptec
deleted]
> Alistair tried to write a patch to get the kernel not to probe devices
> at I/O addresses where devices were previously detected, but it was
> done wrong and it's not necessarily a good strategy (false positives
> can become very damaging, e.g. for the mcd device).

Thy is it the wrong approach not to probe devices at I/O addresses
where devices were previously detected? I think if a device has been
found at a particular I/O address no other device can reside at the
same address, or am I wrong with this assumtion?

Thanx for clarification,

  Guenther