Subject: terminal cooking
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/1996 13:55:21
	I'm having a couple of problems that seem to be either library or
configuration problems.  The first, which I noticed a while back and
posted here, is that my talk daemon doesn't work.  Anytime someone tries
to talk request someone on my computer, it logs this:

	sendto: Address family not supported by protocol family

	I thought that was strange because it works fine on the other
machine I installed it on.

	The other one that I recently noticed is that the tty won't get
out of cooked mode.  I first noticed it when I installed the isca bbs
client for my roommate, and it was locally echoing everything he typed
when telnetted in from his Mac.  I assumed that was just a bad terminal
setting, but it does the same on my console, but NOT if I rlogin to my
other NetBSD machine, and not on the console of the other machine, but it
DOES if I rlogin from the other machine into mine.  For that reason, it
seems that it's something on my computer, but I can't imagine what.

	If anyone has any idea what could be causing any of these
problems, please let me know.  Thanks a lot.

--
The Unix/UUCP/Usenet and anything else that starts with a 'U' guy.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>