Subject: Re: SCSI HD problems
To: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1996 17:29:59
> > Why do we assume a different IRQ from the default?
>
> That's what I have been asking before, but it went by unanswered ...
> Perhaps you should send-pr it.

I sent-pr'd it a couple of months ago (around late January, I think), but
it doesn't look like anything's happened with it yet...

> P.S.: Still waiting for solutions for the AIC6360 boot problem...

I couldn't get an AVA 1515 to work properly either... you might try
disabling synchronous transfers like someone else suggested (assuming you
can get a kernel compiled or have someone do it for you :) I can compile
a NetBSD-current kernel for you if you'd like). Although I don't have any
proof of this, I have a vague feeling that the AIC6360 driver assumes the
card can do fast SCSI-II 10MB/s sync transfers. However, the 1515 doesn't
support fast SCSI-II.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 20 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++