Subject: Re: SCSI HD problems
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1996 09:54:24
>Problem solved.  I've forgotten who sent me the info, so I can't thank
>you personally, but I had my SCSI card on IRQ 11 (the default from
>Adaptec) instead of IRQ 12 (the default for NetBSD).  Switching the
>IRQ made all the difference.
>Why do we assume a different IRQ from the default?

Really??  What makes that default even worse is that IRQ 12 is the one
that PS/2 keyboards/mice use.  Just asking for a conflict....  And,
yes, 11 is the default in all the BusLogic documentation I've ever
read (not sure how much that applies to Adaptecs, but...).

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...