Subject: Silo overflows; update.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1996 22:12:12
	I have not yet got a new kernel with lower triggers compiled
(see another recent message).  However, I have observed:

1. Silo overflows are manageable at 38400 using ppp.  They are not
    outragously bad, but still present.

2. Silo overflows are outragous at 38400 using uucico, especially with
    the 'i' protocol, but with anything that is very compressable in
    general.

	I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on this issue?  I'm
going to set back the uucp to 19200 for now.  I'd like to get the new
kernel compiled pronto.  It would be nice if I didn't have to purchace
a smart serial board to get this dependable, but it looks like I'll
have to.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |