Subject: Re: SCSI HD problems
To: None <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1996 12:06:52
> > I'm having odd problems with my SCSI setup.  When I boot NetBSD (1.1
> > or 1.0), the kernel correctly identifies my controller (AHA-1510A) as
> > aic0 and gets appropriate information from my disk -- make, model,
> > geometry.  However, once I've gotten to the single-user prompt, I
> > can't access the disk at all; when I try a disklabel (or newfs), it
> > complains about a timeout, then complains about a timeout AGAIN, then
> > gives up.  What's up?
>
> I am seeing _exactly_ the same error messages.

Problem solved.  I've forgotten who sent me the info, so I can't thank
you personally, but I had my SCSI card on IRQ 11 (the default from
Adaptec) instead of IRQ 12 (the default for NetBSD).  Switching the
IRQ made all the difference.

Why do we assume a different IRQ from the default?

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...