Subject: Re: silo overflows
To: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1996 16:41:59
In message <199603222129.WAA00503@sheep.simplex.nl>,
	Onno van der Linden writes:
>On 'nearly' the same topic: Charles changed the transmitter part of com.c
>to fix a race condition by only enabling the TX intr bit when needed.
>Ever since that change my first ppp-start after powering on my computer
>and modem 'hangs'. Yes, the DTR and OH modem leds are switching on but the
>dialing process never starts. After killing that process and retrying
>ppp-start things work as expected. Anyone else seen this ?

Yeah, I've had similar problems.  The first dial out seems to always
fail; my modem is internal, though, so I can't tell what it's doing.

This reminds me of Linux, it always did the same thing...

--
Jason Downs
downsj@teeny.org  --> teeny.org: Free Software for a Free Internet <--

			  Big Brother... Just say No.
	      No to unlimited wiretaps.  No to enforced `decency'.