Subject: Re: Silo overflow?
To: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1996 00:39:05
> > 	Having got a pc with 16550's for the express purpose of
> > driving serial ports at high speed, I am a tad dismayed that I'm
> > getting silo overflows on the system.
>
> Me too, me too. :-(  My system is a P120 with 16550a UARTs.  I get
> _lots_ of FIFO overruns at 57600 bps with PPP.  I was going to run
> at least six ports at this speed, but using one causes way too many
> errors already. :-(

FWIW, I've got a P100 with 16550a UARTs, and I'm running PPP over one
port at 115200 bps. I had no silo overflows at all until I started
using a netbsd-current kernel from about two weeks ago. Now, I get a few
overruns occasionally... nothing really serious though. If it makes any
difference, I don't have any IDE drives, just a SCSI HD and SCSI CDROM
hooked up to a NCR PCI controller.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 20 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++