Subject: Re: AHA-2842 and EISA config stuff
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/1996 19:46:14

>   Well, my 3C509 definately does show up as an EISA device.  I use my EISA co
>nfig
>   program to configure it, and the disk came with an EISA config file.  But
>   I'm not sure if all 3c509's do that.
>
>The existance of an EISA config file does *not* indicate that it's an
>EISA device.  You can find EISA config files for quite a variety of
>ISA devices; they mainly exist as a repository of info about jumpers
>and whatnot.

The 3c509 actually shows up in slot space when in eisa configuration mode.
The only way you know that its not an EISA device from eisaconf is by
having the driver tell you when it matches the ID.  Your statement
above is generally correct, but the 3c509 is an exception.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations