Subject: 80686 support for NetBSD?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/1996 14:29:19
Sorry if this has been covered here previously, I don't think I've seen
any/much mention of the subject....

I notice that the kernel configs for 1.1 list machines up through 586, but
a 686 line seems to be absent.  This is no surprise what with the near
bleeding-edge development of this chip.

However, I'm wondering what the NetBSD core group and its developers have
planned for including support for this chip architecture.  Are there wheels
turning for it to be included?  Will it take advantage of some of the snazzy
686 features like "predicting" directions of threads?

any info appreciated!

--
Matthew B. Wood                                               mbwood@netcom.com

  "Hello, Hello Kitty", said Tuxedo Sam.
  A voice answered back, louder than a thousand rock concerts, with words
which seemed to stretch from pole to pole, from the lowest hell to the
highest heaven: "I AM HELLO KITTY, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"