Subject: Re: devices
To: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Roland C Dowdeswell <roland@imrryr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/1996 00:31:13
On 826939326 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch Dustin Sallings wrote:

>	I'd also like to know if there is any sort of virtual console
>support.  I'd like to get more than one ttyv? so I don't have to make room
>for a new terminal every time I want to do something else.

Yes.  You'll need to compile a new kernel, though.  If you are familiar
with that process then change the:

pc0	at isa? port 0x60 irq 1		# generic PC console device

line to:

vt0	at isa? port 0x60 irq 1

in your config file, and that should compile in a different console driver
that will provide virtual console support.

--
/* Roland C Dowdeswell
 * http://www.imrryr.org/