Subject: WD8013 died (fwd)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/1996 02:14:53
A poor user wrote this in comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc.
Looking over the mailinglist archive I saw some references to this problem,
but no real pointer to the solution.
Anybody wan't to help ?

From: Andy Robertson <a.robertson@niwa.cri.nz>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc
Subject: NetBSD has killed my SMC network card !!! Twice
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:52:15 +1200

Help,

I have (or had) an SMC8013T nework card

I installed NetBSD 1.1 the other day from floppies and all seemed to go
OK.  I noticed it was not connecting to the network so I checked the
network card settings to see if they were the right ones to work with
NetBSD.  I altered them to the correct settings for the card with
ezsetup.  upon boot up NetBSD proceeded to tell me that my IRQ was wrong
the the network was not loaded.  I rebooted and this time it didn't even
find it.  So I booted to DOS and ran the SMC configuration program
ezsetup.exe which proceeded to tell me that I had no cards installed.  I
tried the card on another machine and still no luck.  So I tried another
card and exactly the same thing happened.  HOW do I get my network cards
back up and running !!!!!!  Has NetBSD the ability to scramble my cards
!!!!

The cards will not work for a dos machine now and since the configration
 is stuffed I can't use them!!!!  Its really pissing me off !!!!

IF you have an answer or a suggestion email me at
a.robertson@niwa.cri.nz

Andy.