Subject: Re: Syquest EZ-Drive
To: Grant Miller <n9440963@ldc.cs.wwu.edu>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@FunHouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/1996 17:23:15
>I remember there was a discussion earlier on here on getting the ZIP
> Drive working in NetBSD.  Has anyone tried getting the EZ-Drive working?
> How about putting the ufs on the disk?  Thanks in advance.

I have an EZ drive.  I had very little trouble getting it to work. I haven't
tried directly reading MS-DOS filesystems from them, but UFS goes on easily.
Here's my prototype disklabel.  (I edit the "label" field appropriately for
each pack.)  Note that this uses the fake geometry assumed by DOS SCSI
controllers; since the EZ is a zoned disk, you can't describe the real geometry
to disklabel, so what the heck, I just make everything consistent.

# /dev/rsd0d:
type: SCSI
disk: EZ135
label: /mnt
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 32
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 2048
cylinders: 128
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0		# milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0	# milliseconds
drivedata: 0

4 partitions:
  a:    262144   0         4.2BSD     512  4096    13
  d:    262144   0         unused     0    0