Subject: Re: Atapi CD-ROM problem
To: Sebastien Monassa <fcu@worldnet.fr>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/1996 20:33:03
Sebastien Monassa said:

> I just added the Atapi driver to my kernel. And here is what I got.
>
> wdc0 at isa0 port 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14
> wd0 at wdc0 drive 0: 810MB, 1647 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sec <QUANTUM TRB850A>
> wd0: using 8-sector 16-bit pio transfers, lba addressing
> wdc1: reset failed
> wdc1: reset failed
>
> 	I'd like to know if somebody knows why my secondary IDE bus is not recognized.
> 	I checked everything five times: Port, Irq. It works with Windows fine.
> 	wdc1 is configured at port 0x170 irq 15.

Is your CDROM drive configured as master or slave ? Shouldn't matter but ...
Perhaps you should try to swap this jumper ...

What is your 2nd ide bus ? Is this a motherboard with 2 busses ?
Mine didn't work under NetBSD, because of interrupts problems. With the
second on-board ide bud disabled and an isa ide card  as 2bnd bus everything
runs fine. Perhaps you could also try a FreeBSD boot diskette, and see if the
your CDROM is configured, this could help tracking the problem.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr