Subject: updated pcmcia stuff: give it a whirl (esp. if you have 2 pcic's)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1996 00:12:30
I've put an updated version of pcmcia diffs, this time against -current
as of 1996/03/02, onto
ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/netbsd/pcmcia-current-diffs-96-03-02.gz

I've rewritten the way this code deals with autoconfiguration to more
closely match what the new-style configuration framework expects.  I
think this should still work fine with multiple-PCIC machines, but I
can't test it.  Please do so if you can.

Interrupts for card changes work now, although my laptop didn't produce
them properly on IRQ 2/9 (IRQ 11 seemed to work OK).  Using interrupts
instead of polling (which is used when no IRQ is provided in the config
file) should eliminate problems I've heard of about phantom slots
causing lots of debugging output on the console.

The autoconfig output now looks like this:

pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd4000-0xd4fff irq 11: Intel 82365sl Rev.
0 slots 0-1
pcmcia0 at pcic0
pcic0 slot 0: <Multi-Tech, MT2834LT, FAX MODEM >
com3 at pcmcia0 port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo
pcic0 slot 1: <LINKSYS, E-CARD, Ver 02.00>
ed0 at pcmcia0 port 0x300-0x31f irq 10: address 00:80:c8:81:e2:30, type E-CARD (
16-bit)

I started work on some hot-swap support, but I'm sure whether I like
where it's going.  See usr.sbin/pcmciad.  (its man page lies about the
file format, by the way).

==John