Subject: Re: lost interrupts ?
To: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1996 04:48:41
In some mail I received from David Carrel, sie wrote

> Curious, what type of machine are you seeing these messages on?  I had a
> problem with lost interrupt messages on my gateway laptop whenever the
> drive spun down.  The system would not recover.  I worked up a patch to the
> WD driver to correct the situation, but it was pretty ugly.  Eventually I
> got a BIOS upgrade (gotta love flash BIOS) and the problem went away.

P100(pci + EIDE HDs/CDROM)/16M/NetBSD-1.1

On FreeBSD, If I enable either of these I see similar messages:

# AUTO_EOI_1 enables the `automatic EOI' feature for the master 8259A
# interrupt controller.  This saves about 1.25 usec for each interrupt.
# No problems are known to be caused by this option.
#
# AUTO_EOI_2 enables the `automatic EOI' feature for the slave 8259A
# interrupt controller.  This saves about 1.25 usec for each interrupt.
# Automatic EOI is documented not to work for for the slave with the
# original i8259A, but it works for some clones and some integrated
# versions.

and the errors:

/kernel: wd2: interrupt timeout:
/kernel: wd2: status 50<seekdone> error 4<abort>

only seen if AUTO_EOI_2 is defined:

/kernel: wd2: interrupt timeout:
/kernel: wd2: status 50<seekdone> error 1<no_dam>

Any chance taht the (below) NetBSD error is related to the above ?

darren