Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/29/1996 15:36:39
> I seem to remember you and I having a chat about this on the way back
> from dinner at USENIX, Jordan :-)

Yeah, that's right.. :-)

> The "userconfig" stuff *would* be useful, I agree, but simply using
> FreeBSD's isn't going to work under NetBSD.  Our autoconfiguration scheme
> is fairly different ... especially the way locators are handled.  For us,
> it can't readily be handled by frobbing isa_device structures, mostly
> because we don't have them :-)

Sorry, I guess what I meant to say was that the concept if not so much
the code should be merged over.  If nothing else, you could grab my
gross little command line interpreter and plug in entirely different
code for the callbacks.  Sometimes it's easier to start soup with a
few ingredients, even if they're just a pot, some water and a clean
stone.  :-)

					Jordan