Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/1996 12:51:10
At 10:40 AM 2/28/96 -0500, Michael Graff wrote:

>>>I suspect your disks are partitioned.
>>
>>They're not.
>
>If you used the standard DOS tools that come with the drive, I suspect
>they are.  If so, they do need a label, which kinda sucks.
>
>>I can't, I'm installing for the first time and don't have fdisk.
>
>Ouch...  Sorry.  How about fdisk under dos?

No, it won't touch it, or at least I don't know how to make it do so.

>>Whatever. This is too much of a headache for all concerned. I think I'll
>
>Well, that's a bit -- drastic.

Heh. Well, it's a matter of least agravation, although trying to avoid that
and still work with computers is a task doomed to failure.

At least it's not windows95.

M.
--
Given that popularity varies directly with the product of quality and the
inverse

martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca