Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/1996 09:33:45
On Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:26:15 -0500  martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca wrote:

> Well, I've got a chicken and the egg problem. There's no fdisk (none that I c
an
> find) in my initiall installation. So, I broke down and decided to install vi
> ftp, but the install can't find my ether card (an SMC Elite 16C ultra), so
> that's
> a no-go   );

Oh oh oh!  I missed the fact some where that you are installing (duh!)...

At that rate do this then:

use a decent DOS disk partition program to:

1) get the sector counts for the DOS partition
2) create a NetBSD partition (sysid 165) on the disk
   (use the unused area skipped by DOS in the 1st track)

Now boot the NetBSD install disk and use the numbers you have in
hand to labe lthe DOS disk and add the DOS partition to the disklabel.

Now you should be able to mount :-)