Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/1996 20:58:55
At 05:53 PM 2/27/96 -0500, Michael Graff wrote:

>I mount ZIP disks with no disklabel on them from time to time myself.

Are you running the stock v1.1, or the current release? What is the
exact command you're using? Have you ever had the error message I
was getting when you booted up?

>I suspect what the driver is (should) be doing is assuming the msdos
>partition starts at sector 0, which a zip disk without a partition
>table would do.  I don't think I partitioned any of the zip disks I
>have.

Well, it sounds like you're doing what I'm trying to do. Fingers
crossed..

M.
--
Everyone wants it Better, Faster, and Cheaper.
Pick two and call me back.

martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca