Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/1996 15:40:12
On Tue, 27 Feb 1996 13:35:50 -0500  martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca wrote:

> I'd read the document and thought it was just for disks on which
> DOS and NetBSD had to co-exist, I didn't think you had to edit the
> disklabel for removable ms-dos disks. For example, I tried:
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0c /mnt
>
> And it worked fine. I suspect there's something in that SCSI error
> I experienced earlier that's significant.

Ah I see the source of your confusion.

Ken's hints are for any _hard_ disk that contains MS-D0G that you want
to mount.  In your example above, you are using a _floppy_ drive.
Floppies are pretty majikal when it comes to disklabels (ie partitions ==
density on floppies; partitions == disk regions on hard disks)...