Subject: Re: Installing from dos-formatted ZIP drive
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/1996 13:35:50
At 07:50 AM 2/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 20:48:28 -0500  martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca wrote:
>>
>> Now, in the FAQs I've noticed mention made of enabling the kernel for
>> 'MSDOSFS'. Is there something I yet need to do to the kernel to support
>> this?
>
>Yes, you need a disklabel on the drive where MS-D0G lives and then
>you need to add the partition info for MS-D0G to the disklabel
>(I use 'disklabel -e' myself).  This might be some aid to you; Ken
>Hornstein posted this awhile back; (Ken do you have a more up to date
>copy of this document?)

I'd read the document and thought it was just for disks on which
DOS and NetBSD had to co-exist, I didn't think you had to edit the
disklabel for removable ms-dos disks. For example, I tried:

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0c /mnt

And it worked fine. I suspect there's something in that SCSI error
I experienced earlier that's significant.

M.
--
Everyone wants it Better, Faster, and Cheaper.
Pick two and call me back.

martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca