Subject: Copy_Kernel Aggravation!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1996 22:19:50
	I have done everything that I can think of concerning and have
covered every possible variable concerning partitioning and installation.
Then why:

1) the active partition data shows up in the LAST entry instead of the first?

2) I am given some 1023 cyl 255 hd 63 sec nonsense instead of 902/8/46 as
the CMOS and boot interrogation agree.

3) every time I let the kcoth11 floppy proceed without the installer
disk in hopes of reaching copy_kernel, it gives me fd0 timeouts and a reboot?

4) Would the NetBSD community PANIC by allowing someone to do the
straightforward and VERY politically incorrect:

# mount -w /dev/wd0a /mnt2
# cp /netbsd /mnt2  (from a proposed third floppy or fifth .fs file
called 'kerndisk-a' or 'kerdisk-o')

I would consider this a BUG!

Hardware:

PC Designs 386 DX 16 w/ 64 KB cache
5120 KB RAM (1024 KB on board 4096 KB on 32 bit memory bus board- DIP RAMS)
AMI DAMI-3601-091589-K8 bios (128 KB)
DTC 2800 IDE HDD / FDD / serial / parallel / game host adapter
Conner CP30174E HDD 903-c 8-h 46-s
2 x 1200 KB FDD's
Oak Technology OTI-067 VGA w/ 512 KB VIDRAM

HELP!

psapp@cnct.com