Subject: Re: semi-newbie questions
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@cmu.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1996 11:12:41
>I also have a 270MB IDE drive with DOS and OS/2 on it.  Ideally, I would
>like to be able to mount the DOS drive (and the OS/2, if there's HPFS
>support available for NetBSD).  However, from a rather recent thread, it
>sounds like it will be difficult, since it's not the same drive NetBSD
>is on.  If it helps, I made a 1MB NetBSD partition on the drive, but I
>don't know what else to do.

Create the correct label and it _might_ work.  The real concern that I
have with putting disklabels on non-NetBSD drives is simple.  Where do
they go, and what happens if something (like the OS/2 boot selector
might) lived there?

>    Next, I'm running pcvt, and have been playing with the idea of
>running "systat -vmstat" on one of the VC's (in place of getty).
>However, when I try to put the path/flags to systat in where the getty
>entry was in /etc/ttys, I get the syslog  "init: getty repeating too
>quickly on port /dev/ttyv5, sleeping".  What would be the "correct" way
>to do this?

If it were me, I'd just do
	systat -vmstat < /dev/ttyv5 > /dev/ttyv5 2>&1
in rc.local or something.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!