Subject: copy_kernel problem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/1996 07:42:56
  *** Please don't flame me ; I've read all the FAQ's and Installs ***

	I am in the process of installing NetBSD 1.1 on a 386 w/ 5 MB RAM
and 169 MB hdd (conner cp30174e). I ran a low-level format to clean
everything off and ran PFDISK 0 using 'g 903 8 46' and set the first
partition entry as '1 165 1 902 nBSD' with all others empty (I'm using the
entire drive for NetBSD) and setting it active. After successfully writing
this data, I booted from 'kcoth11.fs' and went straight to installation.
What happened to 'copy_kernel'? I had seen that only **once** when trying
to install by 'clobbering' an unneeded DOS file system and then it didn't
work.It gave me all sorts of crap about inconsistent file system, run
fsck, etc. I tried the install program and it worked without a hitch,
however I can't boot from the HDD; it gives me messages "Can't find
wd(0,a)/netbsd / wd(0,a)/netbsd.old / wd(0,a)/onetbsd ". I had set the
NetBSD partiton to 800 cyls ands the swap partition for 100 cyls. Now I
can't seem to find the 'copy_kernel' file anywhere in the file system
neither floppy nor hard drive. I mounted using -w /dev/wd0a /mnt and
there is no problem with file access there.

HELP!

psapp@cnct.com