Subject: Re: installing 1.1....
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
From: Markolf Gudjons <markolf@lfbs.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/1996 12:56:06
Darren,

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Darren Reed wrote:

> The floppy drive light goes on...the the HD light goes on...then the
> floppy light goes off.  I tried turning the cache off, no luck.
> (P-100, primary: 850MB IDE+IDE CDROM; secondary: 1.6GB IDE HD)
I don't know if that's what you need, but I use Booteasy 1.4 to boot
NetBSD. I have a 170 MB IDE as Drive 0 with Dos on it. My second disk is
a Quantum LPS 240 S (SCSI) with a single NetBSD partition.

Booteasy sits in disk 0's MBR and gives me the choice to boot Dos or use
the second disk's (i.e. NetBSD's) boot record, left over from
"kernel_copy". I still have to enter the kernel path manually
(hd(1,a)/netbsd), but it works.

Be careful to get the newest Booteasy, older versions don't support
booting from the second drive. You can get it from any SimTel mirror near
you.

HTH.

-- Mark (markolf@lfbs.rwth-aachen.de)