Subject: Re: installing 1.1....
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/1996 21:52:18
In some mail I received from Mike Long, sie wrote

> Note that FreeBSD and NetBSD partitions can't share the same disk.
> Both of them use a partition ID of 0xA5 to mark their partitions in
> the DOS partition table.  Be careful about what you let the NetBSD
> install script do, or it will toast your FreeBSD partition.

Why not ?  I don't see this as a problem...the problem which I'm facing
now is can NetBSD-i386 use slices ? (ie treat a partition as a virtual
disk which is then partitioned up).

I'm going to try install from FreeBSD...let you know how I go :)

[...]
> ATAPI CDROMs aren't supported at all in 1.1, although there is a beta
> driver for -current.  The NetBSD boot code may not like the fact that
> you have three IDE devices; try removing the CDROM and see if that
> improves things.

Hmmm...guess I should join the list so I know about progress here.