Subject: Re: 586 vs 486 mem access bandwidth
To: None <nsheeley@doa.flame.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/1996 01:20:38
>I recommend not buying a 486 class mboard, or a half-breed chip like mine.
>If AMD comes out with a competitively priced Pentium clone, there may be
>competition, but for now I would recommend a ``genuine Intel'' product.
>[IMHO, the Cyrix 6x86 is not priced competitively]

This is my recomendation as well, and I was there to see Natan when he
was somewhat annoyed after looking at the web pages.  :)

A slow (90Mhz) p5 will win over a 486, and in more than just memory.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!