Subject: Re: Intel Ether Express 16
To: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.banyan.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/1996 17:39:24
In message <m0tnB0R-0000OBC@flatlin.ka.sub.org>, you write:

[.. JAM's comments re: EE16 and if_ie driver...]

-> Because the driver is harcoded to use only 16KB.  At least that's what
-> I gather from the comments about NFRAMES and NRXBUF.

	That's (unfortunately) too true... I had patches to make it adjust
	those things in a dynamic fashion based on the size of card mem.
	(I have a couple of 3c507's which let me use up to 64K), but they
	seem to have been lost when one of my drives died.

	[Not that it'd be too hard to re-create them, but I haven't really
	 had the incentive to, since my NetBSD machines seem to run just
	 fine using only 16K or the card's memory... And that lets me boot
	 DOS/Lose95 without losing all too much memory...]

						--rafal