Subject: Non-Intel Chips
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/1996 17:49:34
   My NetBSD box is currently running along fairly well on an Intel
486DX/2-66 chip, but I'm thinking of upgrading. So far, the best
option I've seen appears to be the Evergreen 586 (which I believe
is really an AMD or Cyrix chip with voltage regulator and maybe
another bit or two added.) Had anyone tried running NetBSD/i386 on
this chip? Successfully? Not? Also, I'm open to suggestions. My
motherboard is EISA/VESA, supports 486/P24T, and can be set to
33/40/50 Mhz.
   Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts